Call us to order 516-873-7773
The Science of Optimizing Health with Vitamins & Nutrients
Nutrients are required in the proper amounts, forms and approximate ratios are essential physiologic function. If nutrients are lacking, the body cannot function normally, let alone optimally. Impaired function results in subjective and objective manifestations of what is commonly labeled as “disease.” Thus a powerful and effective alternative to treating disease with drugs is to re-establish normal/optimal physiologic function by replenishing the body with essential nutrients.
Of course many diseases are multifactorial and therefore require multi-component treatments plans, and some diseases actually need drugs for their problems.
– Health Promoting Diet- We advocate a health promoting diet. The diet places emphasis on fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and carries that meet the body’s needs for fibers, carbohydrates and most importantly phytonutrients that have additive and synergistic health benefits
– Essential Nutrients are a powerful and effective alternative to treating diseases with drugs and re-establish normal/ optimal physiologic function by replenishing the body with essential nutrients.
– Multivitamin and multi mineral supplementation: Vitamin and mineral supplementation finally received endorsement from mainstream medicine when researchers from Harvard Medical School published a review article in Journal of the American Medical Association that concluded “Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone… It appears prudent for all adults to take vitamin supplements.” Long term nutritional insufficiencies experiences by “most people” promote the development of “long latency deficiency diseases” such as cancer, neuro-emotional deterioration, and cardiovascular disease. Impressively, the benefits of multivitamin/multi-mineral supplementation have been demonstrated in numerous clinical trials.
– Multivitamin/multimineral supplementation has been shown to improve nutritional status and reduce the risk of chronic diseases, improve ,mood potentiate antidepressant drug treatment, alleviate migraine headaches (when used with diet improvement and fatty acids), improve immune function and infectious disease outcomes in the elderly especially diabetics, reduce morbidity and mortality in patients with HIV infection, alleviate premenstrual syndrome, and bipolar disorder, reduce violence and antisocial behavior in children. vitamin supplementation has anti-inflamatory benefits, as evidenced by significant reduction in C-reative protein, (CRP) in double blind, placebo controlled trial. the ability to safely and affordably deliver these benefits makes mutlimineral-mutlivitamin supplementation and essential component of any and all health promoting and disease prevention strategies.
– Vitamin D Deficiency- the prevalence of Vitamin D deficiency varies from 40 percent (general population) to almost 100 percent (patients with musculoskeletal pain) in the American population. Vitamin D defiency causes or contributes to depression, hypertension, seizures, migraine, polycystic ovary syndrome, inflamation, autoimmunity, and musculoskeletal pain such as low back pain. clinical trials using vitamin D supplementation have proven the cause and effect relationship between vitamin D deficiency and these conditions by showing that each of these could be cured or alleviated with vitamin D supplementation.